Monday, December 28, 2009

We're going on an eagle hunt...

I had the privilege of riding with the boys today - Chad, J, my brother-n-law Mark, and my nephew W - to go hunt eagles in some of the most beautiful places I have EVER been. (See below!!) I found where I want to live...Ridgway, Colorado. There is nothing there but amazing mountains, fun hiking trails, a cute little town with just about nothing :) and a school where K-12th grades all go together! :) Of course, unless we win the lottery or someone really rich in our family leaves us lots of money (man, we are out of luck!), we won't be moving to this sweet slice of heaven anytime soon.
The picture above is exactly what I think of when I think of Colorado...mountains, trees, beautiful rivers and a man in the background fly-fishing. I haven't seen anyone fly-fishing since I watched "A River Runs Through It!" :) I was in heaven and couldn't help but think about all the songs that quote how amazing God is....He's brilliant. I felt so clear-headed, so at peace, so at home and so close to God today. I wish I didn't have to leave.
J and I
Me and my boys
Daddy & J
Isn't that image amazing? ...and the mountains aren't so bad either!!! :)
Manly Men
A snow love note from my husband
My nephew
What a cutie
J about to get hit by the snow

On top of the world
J dancing on ice
SNOW BALL FIGHT!!!!! Catch me if you can.

See the snowballs in the air??? Not sure who they were trying to hit...maybe themselves! :)

Don't even think about it mister!!!
No eagles close up on this trip, but we sure did have a blast hunting for them!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So did he throw the snowball at you? Love all the pictures. It looks so peaceful.