So, a few things have changed since the last time I blogged...like 2 1/2 months ago. :) Please forgive me for my lack of communication. We have been without Internet for awhile and have recently been settling in....to our own place!!! WOOHOO! Who knew it would be such a joyous day to step foot into our own home again after a year and a half of living with our family. (Which of course is much appreciated.)
We also appreciate our wonderful church, whom has literally saved us over the past few months. Rough times set in for our family and we have not only been covered in prayer but also taken great care of by our church family. We also owe a great deal of thanks to our dear friend Harold who let us "bunk" in his beautiful lake house while we got back on our feet. He was a lifesaver for sure...and continues to be a priceless gift to anyone who is lucky enough to be touched by this angel! To all of you who have helped in some way, we thank each one of you and pray that someday you are blessed just as you have blessed us.
We are now living in Austin, about 15 minutes from our wonderful church where I have been gifted with a great job working part time as their childcare/nursery coordinator. My job is flexible and much is done from home, but I am able to take the kids with me when I do go in which makes it possible for me to continue homeschooling them.
Chad was blessed with a fabulous job as an investigator for the state. WOW! His dream of being a detective without the crazy hours and the danger of being a police officer. We are both very happy about this! Chad works downtown and has his own office, where he serves with a legal enforcement team. We could have never dreamed this job up. For those of you who don't know Chad's work history, He's gone from turning wrenches and writing service to working in a high rise with marble floors. What a change. GOD IS SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING AND WE OWE HIM ALL THE GLORY!!! Thank you also to our friend who served as a vessel to help Chad receive this position. You are awesome and we love you!
What a ride 2008 was? The business you might ask...is becoming a thing of the past, but we shall see what is in store. We feel like it was just a piece of the puzzle that brought us to where we are today. We don't always understand the path that God allows us to travel down, but the amazing thing is that He NEVER LEFT OUR SIDE and His blessings have only just begun. It's funny...when you give everything to the Man Upstairs and stop trying to fix it all yourself...He tends to bless you in ways you could never imagine. Pretty amazing!
So, there you go. I have so many things I'd love to tell you about that happened along the way. Maybe I'll find the time. For now, know that we love each one of you and we thank God for placing you in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good to read a post from you!!!! I've missed you! It's exciting to see how God is working in your lives!
Now, go post again! :)
Woohoo! I know how excited y'all are. Love you.
Post a Comment