The temps have been unpredictably tolerable for this Texas girl since we arrived in Colorado, but the weather outside today was sure frightful. BRRRR!!!! It hasn't felt this cold the whole time we've been here, however, when we went sledding today with the family....HOLY COW...I think Chad and I got frostbite! :) 
It was 15 degrees when we reached the top of the mountain where we stopped to sled and I thought I'd prepared myself very well....
Scarf - check
Wool hat - check
Gloves - check
Snow boots - check
4 layers of clothes - check
Thin socks with NO insulation - oops
Long underwear - wishful thinking
Gloves that are waterproof and therefore NOT FREEZING YOUR FINGERTIPS OFF - duh!!!!!
Despite the "bone-chilling" temps and the scary sign that was posted (see below), we did enjoy some fun times, but Chad and I were the first to wimp out and head to the car for fear we may never feel our fingers again. Good thing our kids don't enjoy hours of skiing yet...I don't know if we could have handled much more! :) Motivation to get in shape and buy much warmer clothes!
Here are quite a few pictures to recap our wonderful day!

Chad and I

Oops...J slipped on the way back to the car. Nothing but smiles. :)

He is just too stinkin' cute!

Beautiful girl!

Me & My Cold Husband!

Where's Chad?

My niece sledding!

My sister and her son.

Chad so graceful....

NOT!!!!!

My brother-n-law holding on for dear life...look at that face! HA!

H sledding away

J was quite the pro

Me...not so much!!
What great memories!!!!
2 comments:
That's a good picture of you and Chad (the first one...the one where you can see his face)...and I really like the new family pic. I'm glad y'all had a good time and got to do fun wintery stuff. It would be okay with me if you wanted to move to CO...then we'd have a place to stay at Christmastime. :)
Looks like y'all had a great time. I'm so glad that y'all were able to get away for awhile.
Post a Comment