Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fat Lip

So, today was fun! As we arrived home from church this morning, Chad picked J up and slung him over his shoulder "like a sack of potatoes" as he described it. I decided it would be a great idea to pinch J's bottom which was in perfect reach where he would get a good rise out of it. Well, rise his feet did....right into my mouth.
I guess I learned my lesson the hard way. DO NOT PINCH YOUR SON'S BOTTOM...ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS WITHIN KICKING DISTANCE OF YOUR MOUTH!!!!!
Ouch!It didn't help my already aching headache and it broke little J's heart. Once I got upstairs and cleaned the blood up and got a look at my prized lip, I went looking for him to make sure he was ok. After a few seconds of not finding J anywhere in the apartment, Chad finally found him curled up on the top bunk crying. When I came in and he saw me, he started crying even more. He said, "I didn't know your mouth was there!"
Poor little thing. He checked on me numerous times throughout the day. He laid down with me at first, but everytime I opened my eyes, he was just sitting up staring at me, making sure I was ok. While I was napping, I felt him come in and hop on the bed to see if I was still ok. It was the cutest thing ever.
Tonight, we (sort of) reenacted the whole foot in mouth incident. Because of the humor involved, I think it made him feel a little bit better. Me, on the other hand, will not heal so quickly.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's what you get for talkin' back, Woman! :) Just kidding. It doesn't look so bad...just painful.

Stephanie said...

Sorry that you have a fat lip now. That was so sweet of J to check on you like that. He is such a sweetheart. Love and miss ya.